Thursday, May 12, 2005

What are the odd's of winning the lottery?

In ten days (and counting), I will be out of a job. Being a certified Special Education teacher with three years experience and a Masters (well...almost...) you would think job offers would be falling in my lap. Unfortunately, this is so not the case. I'm totally struggling here. I go to the job fairs and go on interviews and still, nada. What the hell?? It's not like I am some kind of psycho killer for crying out loud and for pete's sake. Hell, I'm the one who wants to work WITH them. So, why is it so hard for me to find a freakin' job? And why stress about it? I mean, seriously, if worse comes to worse I can totally live off the government. I watch Maury, I know the scoop. You know, come to think about it, that would be the ideal situation. I am, after all, in thousands of dollars worth of debt due to trying to get a quality education and making something out of my life. If I were really as smart as I once thought I was, I would have went to DeVry for two years. I know I would have a job right now and definitely would be making a ton more moulah. Instead, I listened to my guidance counselor and took the responsible route. I wonder where that counselor is now...probably sitting back, laughing her ass off at all the students she told to go to college. She knew what the deal was. She was once in my same position...staring helplessly at an adult who claimed to have all the answers to life's little mysteries. That person told her to go to college or live life as a social delinquent and as pay back she told the same line to all the confused high schoolers coming to her for guidance. I want that job. The things I could come up with...for my own enjoyment, of course. Oh the possibilities...

No comments: