Friday, January 28, 2005

what's with "breaks" anyways?

So, my live in boyfriend of seven years...on and off...informed me today that he wanted to take "a break." "A break?" What? The first thought in my mind, like oh so many before me, was the infamous scene between Ross and Rachel, discussing Ross' "we were on a break" moment. Let's keep it real, shall we? Men and women are different. No surprise there. To him, taking "a break" means, "I want to go out and date other women so i don't have to wonder what it will be like." To me, it means, "I want to go out and screw a ton of women before I may or may not decide that you are the one person I want to screw forever." Honestly, who wins from that whole situation? Either you both go out and meet the new person of your dreams or you allow him to go out and find himself while you sit at home constantly wondering why you suck so badly. Oh, but, please don't be fine with his whole "a break" comment, as I did to elequently prevent myself from going into hysterics in front of my 5th period class. It only makes you look like a heartless bitch, which I have been called a couple of times but never put much thought into. But, here I am, feeling pretty guilty that he wants a break from me, but is obviously upset about his decision and I'm like, "Go for it! Get out there and get your mack on!" Just trying to give the man what he wants...which is a free excuse to do what every man so desperately wants to do...screw around (bitter much? Of course I am!) So now I am the bad guy here and he's in the backroom bawling. Why are you sad? I have to now live with a person who needs confirmation that he wants to be with me. Actually, that is a little depressing...but I just can't fit that, "What did I do wrong? Why doesn't he love me?" speech into my schedule tonight. Instead, I am going to treat myself to a nice warm shower and a glass of wine. Self-pity is just going to have to wait until the morning...Besides, the new MONK begins in an hour...

No comments: